Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mosquito's are back....

and so am I....

Couldn't resist that one...they are bad, and bad is an understatement, they swarm you when you leave the house. Whomever invented the mosquito net, God Bless you my friend!!!

Honestly, can't believe anyone hung around after an absence of three months or close to it, but thanks for not abandoning me...

Lot's to report! Most importantly, the garden is coming along well. Got a bit of a late start, but everything seems to be growing well. The weather has been warm, hot at times with high levels of humidity, a garden's dream! However, something is getting into the garden and eating some of our crop, lettuce and bean's have been the latest victims. I think it is a deer stepping over the 2 ft. high fencing, but Jan thinks it is a skunk that is going beneath it. Do skunks eat vegetables?? I have no idea, but I do know they are near by, we have seen them and smell them on a regular basis.

Next, I'm happy to report that "Coop de Ville" is close to completion. The residents will be moving in very soon (I hope). Stay tuned for progress updates and hopefully some chic pics....


South side of CdV...

"Queen" sized nesting boxes...

Roosting with a view...

Can't wait to get back into the groove of checking out blogs, missed keeping up with everyone!

Until next time....Peace!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your back!!! I love the coop de ville.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks SFG! Can't wait to catch up on what you guys are doing too...I see baby calfs...???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen Size nest boxes?LOL Thats great! You know they will all probably pile into one!... Or at least mine do! itsbeen hot and humid here adn it has cooled off some but we are having quite a bit of rain after it being really dry for a few weeks.. I am just happy i am nothavingto water everyday right now..Of course that means i have to mow the yard...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonia, just stopped by your blog, wow, you guys are soooo busy! I actually built the nest boxes a bit larger, figuring I wanted to start with six birds and two to a box ratio. We have been having quite a bit of rain too..the mosquito's are insane this summer..little shits attack the dogs faces, leaving huge welts...not to mention our arms, legs, and face...Arghhhh....later R Dean

    ReplyDelete

Labels