Monday, August 10, 2009

Garden story...




Tonight after dinner, we meandered down to the garden as we do every night, eager to see what new treasures awaited us. Unfortunately, the replanted tomatoes aren't looking too good, but we still have hope that they will survive and produce! The good news, we harvested another yellow squash, a bunch of beans, mostly wax, some more lettuce and three more zuchinni's! Very rewarding! We finally have a cucumber coming along as well, so hopefully the next few days of warm weather will really get the garden cooking!

And finally, the most interesting garden story...JD was pulling weeds around the lettuce and noticed a pile of mulch. After moving it around with her gloves, to her surprise it was a nest of what appeared to be a litter of five mice that appeared to be a day or two old. Needless to say, she was very "surprised"! I played good hubby and removed them right away! :-)

R Dean

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking I hadn't heard from you in a few days, and when I looked, I saw I'd missed this post.

    Did the dogs get some mice treats?

    That's a good harvest for one evening. :) Maybe the tomatoes will come back after transplant shock.

    ~Faith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Faith, no problem..you are SOOOO busy..I don't know how you do everything you do so missing a post is no big deal!! Nooooo...the dogs didn't get any mice treats..hahahaha..they would have probably liked em' though!!

    I still can't get over the cucumbers..don't know when we'll get some, but we'll keep praying..! :-)

    R Dean

    ReplyDelete

Labels