Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Awkward silence...

Hmmmm...when I awoke at 5am this morning, I didn't awaken to the typical sound of puppy propaganda, but instead, silence once I shut off my clock radio. Can it be that they are still asleep after the extended period of play time outside last night? That would be wonderful! So I quietly ushered Molly and Maggy outside, and then peeked downstairs to check on the lil' monsters..I mean beautiful little pups and to my surprise, they were all sitting there staring at me..with extreme guilty looks on their cute little mugs. Truth be told, the silence was due to them realizing they had wreaked havoc in the night, completely torn one of their pee pads to shreds, paraded through a pile of puppy poop and completely emptied their water dish in the whelping box! Gotta love em! So I got down on my hands and knees and cleaned them and their kennel as I do every morning, all the while, five little fur balls jumped up at me, playing tug-of-war with my shirt, licking and biting my arms and wrists, and in their own way thanking me for taking such good care of them! I can't think of a better way to start my morning!

1 comment:

  1. Awww! You're such a good grandpaw! :)
    I know I'm a little late reading your blogs but the puppies are so adorable! The garden looks good and the strawberries look YUMMY! DMC

    ReplyDelete

Labels